Let’s understand the difference between the 2T and the 4T engines.
- Engine oil is used is the engine of a vehicle including a car or a bike to lubricate the moving parts in the engine and to clean the slug formed in the engine during the continues working of the engine and prevents the wear and tear of engine parts and reduces the friction between the various moving parts in the engine hence increases the life of engine parts.
- 2T engine oil is used in a 2 stroke engine and 4T engine oil is used in 4 stroke engine oil. Both types of engine oil have a different chemical composition and manufactured according to the function of the engine. Working principle and construction of both types of engine is different.
- 2T engine oil is mixed in petrol and this mixture is provided to the engine, 2T oil mixed in petrol burns with the petrol and also lubricates the moving parts in the engine. The burning point of 2T engine oil is less as compared to the 4T engine oil hence it burns in the in-engine.
- In 4 strokes engine separate crankcase is used hence engine oil is not mixed the petrol and separate engine oil is used in an engine to lubricate the engine parts. 4T engine oil does not burn and it should not be mixed in the petrol.
- Viscosity of 2T and 4T engine oil at 40-degree Celsius is 60 cst and 73 cst respectively.
- Pour point of 2T engine oil is -12 degree Celsius whereas for 4T engine oil it is -30 degree Celsius.
- Flashpoint of 2T and 4T engine oil is 132-degree Celsius and 226-degree Celsius respectively.
- Density of 2T and 4T engine oil at 15-degree Celsius is 0.878 kg/l and 0.87 kg/l respectively.
This is the difference between the 2T and the 4T engine oil. As the chemical composition of both the 2T and 4T engine oil is different, it is not advised to use 2T engine oil in four stroke engine and vice versa.